Are you aware of the newest water infrastructure bill? On Wednesday, the 10th, Congress passed a bill titled Water Resources Development Act of 2018. Here at Boat and Motor Superstores, our experts are here to inform you of all the details you need to know about this bill and what it means for you. There is a reason why we are the top boat dealers near Tampa!
Let’s Get To The Basics
The best boat dealers near Tampa is here to explain how this bill came about. By a whopping vote of 99 to 1, the U.S. Senate passed the act. The bill contains several of the recreational boating industry top priorities and now heads to President Trump, who is expected to sign it. For several months The National Marine Manufacturers Association and their members have been working hard with the Trump Administration and Congress to secure the industry’s important objectives in the final package. They have participated in fly-ins. Media interviews, and even coordinated with coalition partners to advocate for the legislation and help to get it pushed across the finish line.
What Does The Water Infrastructure Bill Entail?
We have created a list that includes some of the many properties this bill hits.
- Combatting Aquatic Invasive Species
- This will provide guidance on funding, operation, and maintenance for the Brandon Road Lock and Dam project.
- Allocates over 100 million dollars for watercraft inspection stations. This prevents the spread of AIS.
- Requires the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to research and provide recommendations to Congress on managing and arficationg AIS.
- Dredging Efforts
- Authorizes $3.7 billion on funding for degrading, flood risk management, and storm damage reduction projects throughout the country.
- Creates a pilot program for awarding dredging contracts across geographic regions.
- Everglades Restoration
- Authorizes the Everglades Agricultural Area project to better protect the Florida Everglades and water quality in central and south Florida.
- Mitigating Current and Future Harmful Algae Bloom Outbreaks
- Authorizes the Corps to research, develop, and implement new technologies that reduce the occurrence of harmful blooms. This will be in partnership with The Everglades Agricultural Area project.
- Reforming U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Processes
- Requires the Corps to contract with the National Academy of Sciences to improve how water resources development projects are prioritized.
- Streamlines the approval process for local water infrastructure initiatives that need federal authorization.
- Relevant Reporting Requirements
- Requires the government to consider recreation boating’s economic impact when making funding determinations for certain projects.
- Authorizes the Great Lakes Coastal Resiliency Study. This study will be the first of its kind. It will create a coordinated strategy to manage the water infrastructure needs of the Great Lakes System.
Call Us Today For More Information
It is essential to understand this new infrastructure bill when you are a boat owner. You need to be aware of how it can affect you and the water you love. It is all good things, and we at Boat and Motor Superstores are thankful to be able to explain to you how the bill works. We are West Coast Florida’s largest volume boat and consignment dealership including new, pre-owned, closeouts, and trade-ins. We have nearly 30 years of experience in boat sales and as a parts store and service department in Tampa Bay. There are no better boat dealers near Tampa. Still holding to our founding goal of providing the most pleasant and professional boat purchasing and service experience to thousands of customers, we pride ourselves in being your top source for boats. Call Boat and Motor Superstores today for more information.